Psychic Whispers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psychic Whispers

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Psychic Whispers on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Psychic Whispers on your social bookmarking website
Most Viewed Topics
Ley Lines
Penhurst State School, Eastern Pennsylvannia
~ F ~ Symbols and Meanings
~ R ~ Symbols and Meanings
~ z ~ Symbols and Meanings
want yer own ghost box??
Magnolia Plantation - Louisiana : Part One
Lisa Williams in Australia and New Zealand in 2011..
Ghost lovers?
~ S ~ Symbols and Meanings
Affiliates
free forum

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 552 on 2/12/2012, 6:38 pm

Waverley Hills Sanitorium

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dancing Bear
Admin
Dancing Bear

Leo Number of posts : 1239
Humor : Wicked
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Waverley Hills Sanitorium Empty
PostSubject: Waverley Hills Sanitorium   Waverley Hills Sanitorium Icon_minitime28/10/2009, 11:57 am

OK!! guys get your scardy pants on.. Heres a goody.. I know Mings gonna love this one LOL!
This si uppose to be the most haunted place in the world.. it has so much spirit activity its not funny..
I have absolutely oodles of pictures to share.. so i hope i dont clog your emails.. I think these pictures will make great discussion for todays circle..

Here are a couple of URLs to go to.. if you want to follow up with some of your findings in the circle.

www.therealwaverlyhills.com (make sure you go into the video files.. brilliant stuff)

more images

there is another Url i could give you but i dont want to give away a major source i get some of my haunted places from ..
so here is an excert from the website.

Waverley Hills Sanitorium

In 1883, the land was purchased by Major Thomas H. Hays. Where Major Hays started a 1-room school house for his daughters. The teacher he hired, Miss Lizzie Lee Harris, loved Sir Walter Scott?s Waverly novels and named the school Waverley School.

Waverly Hills Sanatorium was built 1910 as a 2 story frame building to accommodate about 50 tuberculosis patients maximum. But later they realized with over 140 patients the growing epidemic was demanding a big hospital.

In 1926 the sanitorium that exists today was built with the idea of 500 available beds, Waverley Hills became home to thousands who suffered and died there.

While there, one of the treatments for the patients was fresh air. They would be lined up on windowless porches year round receiving the best treatment there was. Antibiotics where not invented yet. Electric blankets where developed to keep the patients warm in the winter months.

Because of the high death rate, the 500 foot long supply tunnel was turned into the body chute. Where the bodies could be disposed of without upsetting the patients who where still suffering.

Along with the patients, the healthy children of the patients also lived there at times. Waverley was a tuberculosis hospital until 1961. It was closed and renovated in 1962 and reopened as WoodHaven Medical Services until 1980 for the elderly. The state closed it in 1980 for alleged patient abuse.

Apparitions, objects moving, EVP?s, strange anomalies on film have all been caught at this place.

The owners are trying to restore this building. They are using money they collect for tours and TV specials to do this.
the owners site is the very first site i posted . Smile

Have some fun!!

Just in case you dont read about it 63,000 people died in the Sanitorium.
according to the book at one stage there was 1 death per hour.

Waverley Hills Sanitorium Pl-wav10

Waverley Hills Sanitorium 11835810

Waverley Hills Sanitorium Waverl10

Waverley Hills Sanitorium Waverl11

Waverley Hills Sanitorium 06092010

Waverley Hills Sanitorium Face_i10

Waverley Hills Sanitorium Face_i11

Waverley Hills Sanitorium Jeff_c10

Waverley Hills Sanitorium Marcel10

Waverley Hills Sanitorium Tunnel10

Waverley Hills Sanitorium Shadow10

Waverley Hills Sanitorium Waverl12