Psychic Whispers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psychic Whispers

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Psychic Whispers on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Psychic Whispers on your social bookmarking website
Most Viewed Topics
Ley Lines
Penhurst State School, Eastern Pennsylvannia
~ F ~ Symbols and Meanings
~ R ~ Symbols and Meanings
~ z ~ Symbols and Meanings
want yer own ghost box??
Magnolia Plantation - Louisiana : Part One
Lisa Williams in Australia and New Zealand in 2011..
Ghost lovers?
~ S ~ Symbols and Meanings
Affiliates
free forum

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 552 on 2/12/2012, 6:38 pm

Bird Rune Ogam

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dancing Bear
Admin
Dancing Bear

Leo Number of posts : 1239
Humor : Wicked
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Bird Rune Ogam Empty
PostSubject: Bird Rune Ogam   Bird Rune Ogam Icon_minitime12/11/2009, 4:19 am

I dont know whether you all know me well enough to know , that my beliefs lean heavily towards druidism.. Both my husband and I ancestory trace back to the Scottish celts.. who many were druid.. Probably the deep influence i feel..
well anyway.. My first divination system otehr than. Palms were the runes..

I have had a passion for Runes for absolute years.. Ogam and elder futhark

So one day decided to re-create the Bird Ogam of long ago.. which i never thoght would be as big of a task as it is..
I have used many many resources and still am searchign for more... But the Book Of ballymote is the main source.. where i want to stay historically correct as i can...
as much of the runes history has been lost due to the conquering of Rome.. It has been a hard task..

But i am slowly but surely getting there.. Trying to marry History, and the tree Ogam with the Birds.. it is a fasinating study.. and I am hoping i will be abel to share a lot more with you soon.. I only have 3 definate positions of the birds who fit the tress.. and 22 to go LOL!!
But its not that bad really LOL!! I do have all the birds I am just juggling them to fit well with not only the trees, History but alos meanings to the character of the bird.. So many aspects to be taken into consideration..

I wont be making the runes here.. as we dont Have Rowan Trees where i live. and hard pushed to get it imported..

but i will be having on offer a downloadable PDF file.. when i am finished..

I am using PW as a blog for this venture.

I will place the positions and the birds up soon...

DB xx
Back to top Go down
http://www.dancingbearonline.com
Stormfaerie

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2011-11-13

Bird Rune Ogam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bird Rune Ogam   Bird Rune Ogam Icon_minitime28/2/2012, 3:00 pm

sounds interesting, I'm not sure whether I can work with runes though. All the sets I've gotten haven't rung true or sat right with me. So until I find a set that does, there is a nice wooden set which I do have my eye on but all the sets previously have a weird vibe to them maybe because that's they're crystal ones and I prefer wooden sets when it comes to runes gives them that earthy feelings I don't know? Something to think about Smile
Back to top Go down
Dancing Bear
Admin
Dancing Bear

Bird Rune Ogam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bird Rune Ogam   Bird Rune Ogam Icon_minitime7/3/2012, 4:26 am

Personally I think wood are the best.
I made my very first set..and marked them with paint and then stained them to seal them.. Every now and then i need to repaint the symbol. But i just love them and wont use any other set still..
I have bought many different types over the years. crystal as well.. and none feel the same as my wooden ones..

My druid plant is Holly. I have some Holly now, I am going to make a lovely ogam set with them.

I have made lovely clay ones in the past and they feel good.. But because i have the feel for my wooden ones now, I cant seem to venture too far away from them
Smile

Back to top Go down
Dancing Bear
Admin
Dancing Bear

Bird Rune Ogam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bird Rune Ogam   Bird Rune Ogam Icon_minitime16/6/2012, 10:22 am

Obviously this ogham set has been on standby.. I came accross all my notes and book yesterday..and it got me inspired again!! I would really love to complete this!!
I truly do want to stick to what historians already know about this deck.. and then add the rest to it..
Gonna go back to researching and see what i come up with.. I need the book of the language of the Birds..
Is there an e book out? does anyone know?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bird Rune Ogam Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bird Rune Ogam   Bird Rune Ogam Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bird Rune Ogam
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Psychic Whispers :: Your Medium-
Jump to: