Psychic Whispers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psychic Whispers

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Psychic Whispers on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Psychic Whispers on your social bookmarking website
Most Viewed Topics
Ley Lines
Penhurst State School, Eastern Pennsylvannia
~ F ~ Symbols and Meanings
~ R ~ Symbols and Meanings
~ z ~ Symbols and Meanings
want yer own ghost box??
Magnolia Plantation - Louisiana : Part One
Lisa Williams in Australia and New Zealand in 2011..
Ghost lovers?
~ S ~ Symbols and Meanings
Affiliates
free forum

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 552 on 2/12/2012, 6:38 pm

~ P ~ Symbols and Meanings

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dancing Bear
Admin
Dancing Bear

Leo Number of posts : 1239
Humor : Wicked
Registration date : 2008-12-28

~ P ~ Symbols and Meanings  Empty
PostSubject: ~ P ~ Symbols and Meanings    ~ P ~ Symbols and Meanings  Icon_minitime28/10/2010, 8:28 am

And also please specify what the symbol would pertain to..if anything..
It could apply to a variety of things, please say so!

If you are using information and Images taken from the internet.. Please state references and Url link.
Images must be Public domain Images (free to display anywhere without permission)
Or a photograph taken by yourself or friend and permission is given to display it.

If it is common knowledge then No referencing is necessary. Images still must be public domain though.

And Thankyou in advance for helping build our library of Symbolism.

Dancing Bear alien

(ps. Please let me know if you are having trouble posting images..)
Back to top Go down
http://www.dancingbearonline.com
Dancing Bear
Admin
Dancing Bear

Leo Number of posts : 1239
Humor : Wicked
Registration date : 2008-12-28

~ P ~ Symbols and Meanings  Empty
PostSubject: Pentagram and Pentacle   ~ P ~ Symbols and Meanings  Icon_minitime28/10/2010, 11:39 am

~ P ~ Symbols and Meanings  Img_2010

~ P ~ Symbols and Meanings  Pentag10 Pentagram

Pentagram has been around for centuries.
It is used today by modern Pagan as a protection amulet against bad happenings and evil spirits.

~ P ~ Symbols and Meanings  Pentac10 Pentacle

The History behind Pentacle and Pentagrams..
Pente in greek means Five.. So it represent the 5 pointed star.

Pentagram is the five pointed star on its own
Pentacle is the pentagram wrapped in a circle

Now this star has been around for many many hundreds of years. It has been used by many cultures and religions.
There are many stories about its origins.
Many claim it to date back as far as 3500BC
Pagans, Ancient Israelites, Christians, Hebrew and Wiccan to name just a few use the symbol of the pentagram for various reasons.

It is said that It was the first of the ancient hebrew seven seals. The 7 names of god, the first one being the Pentagram (Torah) . The hebrew also saw this as the symbol of truth. and the 5 points representing the five books of Pentateuch.(the books of law) The five foundational books of hebrew scripture.
The fullfilment of the first seal..
Then I saw when the Lamb broke one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures saying as with a voice of thunder, "Come". I looked, and saw, a white horse, and he who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer.
The seals can be divided into two sets.

The Four Horsemen. These are the first four seals. These are the four horses which bring judgment from God. They are the promised blessing of the Holy Spirit and the first four curses.

The Wrath of God. These are the last three seals. They are the fifth and final curse, which is the wrath of God.

Pagans ascribe the pentagram to the goddess Morrigan also known as Morgan, the Phantom Queen or Great Queen, . She is the goddess of battle, war , strife and fertility. She can also be depicted as a crow.
~ P ~ Symbols and Meanings  Morrig10

The Druids ascribe the pentagram to Godhead. Godhead is also a title for God, or the Trinity. With all the material i have read on Druids, Godhead seems to refer to people they consider christian or one who believes in a God. not necessarily the bible God..

Some Medieval Christians see the pentagram as the five bleeding wounds of christ.

I have read the pentagram referred to as the blazing star of the Gnostic.. But i have researched and found this to be untrue and the blazing star is completley different to the pentagram.
shown here in this image.. Nineteenth century occult groups such as the Golden Dawn held the view that the point-up pentagram represented the rulership of Spirit over the physical elements, while a point-down pentagram represented the descent of Spirit into matter or matter subsuming Spirit.
~ P ~ Symbols and Meanings  50414_10

I have read many accounts of the Christian Emporer Constantine using the pentagram in his private seal.

The English warrior Sir Gawain, a nephew of King Arthur, adopted the pentagram as his personal symbol and placed it on his shield. It appeared in gold on a red background. The five points symbolized "the five knightly virtues - generosity, courtesy, chastity, chivalry and piety."
http://www.wsu.edu/~mgorg/Heraldry/img/shield_sirgawain.gif

Also the Tarot use the Pentagram..
~ P ~ Symbols and Meanings  Acecoi10
As shown here in the Ace of Pentacles.

Before the Tarot was associated with the Kabbalah, the suit was called coins or discs.
Now they are called Pentacles.

The Pentagram and Pentacle have been also mis-associated with Satanism.
apparently the inverted Pentagram is the symbol of the four horned Goat. representing the Bibles interpretation of the Devil
~ P ~ Symbols and Meanings  Ancien10 4 horned Goat.

~ P ~ Symbols and Meanings  Inv_pe10 Inverted Pentagram, also known as Baphomet

All image to my knowledge are in the public domain.
Some information is my own from memory and
the Hebrew references to the seven seals come from here.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_otb1.htm

Kabbalah references extracted from here.

http://books.google.com.au/books?id=A-0TJCd25XMC&lpg=PA93&dq=English%20Torah&pg=PP1#v=onepage&q=English%20Torah&f=false
Back to top Go down
http://www.dancingbearonline.com

~ P ~ Symbols and Meanings
Page 1 of 1