Psychic Whispers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psychic Whispers

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Psychic Whispers on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Psychic Whispers on your social bookmarking website
Most Viewed Topics
Ley Lines
Penhurst State School, Eastern Pennsylvannia
~ F ~ Symbols and Meanings
~ R ~ Symbols and Meanings
~ z ~ Symbols and Meanings
want yer own ghost box??
Magnolia Plantation - Louisiana : Part One
Lisa Williams in Australia and New Zealand in 2011..
Ghost lovers?
~ S ~ Symbols and Meanings
Affiliates
free forum

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 552 on 2/12/2012, 6:38 pm

Hurricane Sandy's destruction....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Amethyst57
Amethyst57

Pisces Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2010-07-16

Hurricane Sandy's destruction.... Empty
PostSubject: Hurricane Sandy's destruction....   Hurricane Sandy's destruction.... Icon_minitime30/10/2012, 5:45 pm

http://news.msn.com/us/a-state-by-state-look-at-the-east-coast-superstorm

here's an update on Sandy's destruction...

17 dead as of this morning....

heard she's not done with the East coast yet...
winds are picking up again, etc...they just may have been
in the Eye of the storm this morning...

please donate to the Red Cross....
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/gypsy.black
Dancing Bear
Admin
Dancing Bear

Leo Number of posts : 1239
Humor : Wicked
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy's destruction....   Hurricane Sandy's destruction.... Icon_minitime31/10/2012, 12:35 pm

It sounds like a ripper.. we had Yasi a couple of years ago.. They really do cause masses of destruction.. whole towns got destroyed here too.. we going Camping in a couple of weeks..to a place called Cardwell.. an hour and a bit down south of us.. it was hit pretty badly.. the cabins we normally stay in are no longer there. we have to pitch tent at football grounds..

I see Haiti and all the islands were battered pretty bad with over 60 dead..
My prayers are with all of the east coast and the surrounding Islands.

I see Hawaii also escaped a tsunami.. Lucky!! Tsunamis are pretty bloody scary.

Our whole Eastern coast went on tsunami warning a few years ago.
Makes you realise how far under the sea level we are.. at the time we were 3 mtrs below sea level, the house before was 8mtrs.. Shocked
this one is above, thank goodness but we still have to find higher grounds. as we are not far from the coast..so if a 10mtr wave came in, we would be under.

I am not good with Hurricanes.. we call them Cyclones.
They are so terrifying and destructive , unpredictable and life threatening..
I wish all of those along the Eastern US, a speedy recovery and hope that Sandy does no more damage and takes no more lives..

Our season for them is Feb, March and April.. not looking forwards to it..
an old local tale is, when the Mango trees are full , there will be no Cyclone in that year.. but if the Mangos are sparse , be prepared for a Cyclone.

we have an over abundance of Mangos on the trees at the moment, lets hope the tales are true.

Stay Safe all of our Psychic Whispers friends who live in Affected areas of the Hurricane and Quakes. I love you

Back to top Go down
http://www.dancingbearonline.com
celticnoodle
Admin

Libra Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy's destruction....   Hurricane Sandy's destruction.... Icon_minitime31/10/2012, 2:30 pm

Thanks for the well wishes, DB. We rode out the storm well, but it was a frightful time waiting for it.

We were also well prepared and thankfully my hubby's travel plans were cancelled the Sunday before the storm was to hit. he was suppose to fly to FL for meetings Monday and back on Tuesday. I was so glad he didn't go! I'd be here alone. At any rate, we were well prepared and then thankfully, it fizzled out a lot here compared to what they were expecting.

We still had rain and our creek raised 6" due to the rains--which in itself is incredible, but not to overflowing, TG. The winds were TERRIBLE!!! Unfortunately, it picked up our gazebo that was even chained into the ground a good 6-8 inches or more with metal rods and wooden stakes. The wind ripped it out of the ground and threw it into the bushes that are beside it.

We had a coleus plant that grew around and over the top--weaved in and out. Hubby & I went out and had to cut the coleus to shreds so we could store the rest of the gazebo securely and not have it blown all over the neighborhood. I am sad to lose it--but hubby will rebuild one in the spring.

we, ourselves were all very fortunate as we had no issues, and kept electricity and all. Little if any flooding in our area too, that we know of but there are quite a few thousand w/o power--and it may stay this way for days till all power is turned back on. We are also going to get snow showers this week--so it's pretty cold out here and being w/o a source of heat is not a fun situation to be in.

however, at this posting, there are at least 50 confirmed dead in the US due to this storm, and more to come, surely. Our hearts go out to the families who are suffering through such losses.

This storm was felt from the shores along the Eastern seaboard all the way North to the state of Maine and across to the west as far as Indiana! This is INCREDIBLE in itself! Even parts of Canada in the midwest and north of us, had suffered from some of this storms effects. They were saying a 500 mile wide path for the storm--but that is WAY OVER the 500 mile mark!

Back to top Go down
Dancing Bear
Admin
Dancing Bear

Leo Number of posts : 1239
Humor : Wicked
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy's destruction....   Hurricane Sandy's destruction.... Icon_minitime3/11/2012, 1:48 am

Sounds absolutely incredible Noodle.. I am glad you and your family are ok!
I thought you were going to be in Germany for it? I do get my dates mixed LOL!
Thanks for the update with you. It is scary huh!!

Yes hearing on the Tv it is aweful the losses of lives is still rising. Sad

Keep safe and hope all the mess is cleared up and back to normality soon.
I have seen its going to take some time in some areas..

It is nearly 2 years since our last one, and towns along the coast are still trying to rebuild.
Next weekend we go to visit and stay at one.. half of the places are still boarded up, and because many of the tress were destroyed, plant life is dying that needs shade.
the Oval where hubby plays is normally green this time of year, it is brown and dead. Sad

It takes a long time for many places to recover, and i doubt anyone would recover from losses of loved ones.

Sending healing and prayers out to all of those that have lost a loved one, and pray all the little animals are safe and being well looked after. I love you

Back to top Go down
http://www.dancingbearonline.com
celticnoodle
Admin

Libra Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy's destruction....   Hurricane Sandy's destruction.... Icon_minitime3/11/2012, 3:09 am

Dancing Bear wrote:
Sounds absolutely incredible Noodle.. I am glad you and your family are ok!
I thought you were going to be in Germany for it? I do get my dates mixed LOL!
Thanks for the update with you. It is scary huh!!

Yes, we were suppose to go to Germany hte week before the Hurricane and be back the Fri/Sat before it hit on Monday. It was suppose to hit us on Monday--but it never did. We started out on our trip and were to fly from Ithaca, NY to Philadelphia, PA then from PA to Germany. But, Philadelphia, PA were having heavy storms and so we couldn't fly into PA and thus missed our plane to Germany. They couldn't fly us out again till it was too late for my husband to make the meetings he was going for--so we had to cancel it. Sad

It turned out to be a rotten week. Crying or Very sad

Quote :

Yes hearing on the Tv it is aweful the losses of lives is still rising. Sad

last I heard (this evening) it was over 100. I'm sure there will be more, unfortunately. so sad!

Quote :

Keep safe and hope all the mess is cleared up and back to normality soon.
I have seen its going to take some time in some areas..

yes, they are still cleaning up homes from the last one here in our area--which happened in Sept. 2011. Thankfully, we were lucky in that one too. We only had 18" of water in our basement then--where as all our neighbors had 7 to 9 feet of water in their house! Shocked

Quote :

It is nearly 2 years since our last one, and towns along the coast are still trying to rebuild.
Next weekend we go to visit and stay at one.. half of the places are still boarded up, and because many of the tress were destroyed, plant life is dying that needs shade.
the Oval where hubby plays is normally green this time of year, it is brown and dead. Sad

It takes a long time for many places to recover, and i doubt anyone would recover from losses of loved ones.

Sending healing and prayers out to all of those that have lost a loved one, and pray all the little animals are safe and being well looked after. I love you

so sad, eh? I feel very sad for all the people who lost so much - their homes, their belongings and especially those who lost loved ones. I also feel so badly for the animals--especially those who did not have any homes or people to help them. I can't even bear to think of it. Sad
Back to top Go down
Amethyst57
Amethyst57

Pisces Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy's destruction....   Hurricane Sandy's destruction.... Icon_minitime3/11/2012, 7:58 pm

since i started this thread the death toll had nearly quadrupled....

Sad

i was watching the aftermath on the news channels, most were reporting
decently and telling the truth about aid going there already...except for Fox news of course....
they reported the Prez, FEMA, Red cross were too slow in responding...and the visit to Gov. Christie in New Jersey was just a photo op, and the president flew to Vegas!
which is totally false...Aid was getting there....they can't just teleport in or anything...trucks and ships got in where they could, with power lines and debris around, it was not easy....

fox also said the benefit concert on msnbc was a donation benefit for the prez not the victims of Sandy! freakin' morons!
heard the FCC may get on their butts about their rightwing lies on the air....

there are loads of regular people helping with the cleanup, besides charities and the national guard...istate of indiana sent a caravan of ambulances, some crews of power linemen are driving there too...

way that fox tells it, it's the apocalypse...

btw, Limburger was stupider than usual...when the Prez and Gov. Christie had their bipartisan meetings about Sandy, Limburger said it was just 'man love' going on there Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/gypsy.black
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy's destruction....   Hurricane Sandy's destruction.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hurricane Sandy's destruction....
Page 1 of 1