Psychic Whispers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psychic Whispers

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Psychic Whispers on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Psychic Whispers on your social bookmarking website
Most Viewed Topics
Ley Lines
Penhurst State School, Eastern Pennsylvannia
~ F ~ Symbols and Meanings
~ R ~ Symbols and Meanings
~ z ~ Symbols and Meanings
want yer own ghost box??
Magnolia Plantation - Louisiana : Part One
Lisa Williams in Australia and New Zealand in 2011..
Ghost lovers?
~ S ~ Symbols and Meanings
Affiliates
free forum

Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 552 on 2/12/2012, 6:38 pm

Father Bob!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dancing Bear
Admin
Dancing Bear

Leo Number of posts : 1239
Humor : Wicked
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Father Bob! Empty
PostSubject: Father Bob!   Father Bob! Icon_minitime28/4/2011, 1:30 am

Dont know wheteher any of yyou have heard of Father Bob.
But he is causing a sensation on Twitter.
He is a Catholic Priest here in Australia.

He is a wonderful man, and talks about Spirituality.
he believes confining yourself to one and only religion can damper and hinder your spirituality.
He truly believes you need to know all religions and understand them, to be able to embrace your own Spirituality.
He by all means does not mean to convert to all religions nor does he say yours is wrong.
But he likens it to chickens of all things LOL!!

He says if you confine yourself to one religion it is the difference between Being a Caged Battery Hen to a free Range..
He says Free Range we all know is healthier for you, Absolutely more humane. etc

So Girls and guys are you a caged hen or free Range?

Here is Father Bobs twitter page. When i can get it up, Twitter is being tempermental at the mo! Might go find him on faceBook
Back to top Go down
http://www.dancingbearonline.com
Dancing Bear
Admin
Dancing Bear

Father Bob! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Father Bob!   Father Bob! Icon_minitime28/4/2011, 1:34 am

If you have a facebook account you will be able to see him here

https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=130496014629
Back to top Go down
Amethyst57
Amethyst57

Pisces Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2010-07-16

Father Bob! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Father Bob!   Father Bob! Icon_minitime28/4/2011, 7:05 pm

Father Bob sounds like a very cool dude...

btw, i WAS in a Lutheran/Catholic cage...
started outside of it in junior high during religious release time, when i was to go to my own church classes...i went to different denominations,as a guest in their classes...assemblies of god, methodist, seventh day adventist,baptist,
fundamentalist, mormons, jehovah witnesses,native american...
but nearest synagog was 60 miles away, and there was no gnostic, wiccan,
pagan,buddhist, etc places of worship...and there were rumors of devil worshippers in the area,
and the town nearby use to have a satanists' congregation..too scary for me at 14 affraid

was always intrigued by a lot of other faiths, and still am...the 'mythologies' of each are so simular,
but centuries apart in some cases...but each faith indeed has concepts you can incorporate as
your own faith...

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/gypsy.black
Dancing Bear
Admin
Dancing Bear

Father Bob! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Father Bob!   Father Bob! Icon_minitime29/4/2011, 10:10 am

Same here RG I have always been fasinated with all religions and belief systems.

My Father was once involved with 7th day adventists quite heavily, and he knew a man in his town who was a Devil worshipper.
He befriended him out of curiosity, and wanting to know really, who he was living near.
He discoveredd this man only called himself that because he embraced the material world, He loved money, and liked the spoils of materialism and found nothing wrong with it.
My Father thought there was more to this man that he was letting on at times.
and could feel the energy in his home which was strong and he felt just didnt feel right.
He couldnt pin point whether it was bad "Bad" or not.

If we get to know the religions at least then we have an understanding where oterhs are coming from, Even if we dont agree. At least we have some sort of insight..
It may even allow a little more tolerance towards otehr religious belief systems.

But i guess just us and very few exploring seeking to gain knowledge and understanding with an open mind....Wouldnt stop all this terrorism and hatred towards the western world in the Name of Alah. I am sure you will always get your extremists unfortunately, and when there are many of them, then we start seeing problems as the world is now.

I really do hope one day many more people seek an Understanding and a Deeper Spirituality.
Religion is not Spirituality.
Spirituality comes from within.
Religions are just one of many maps that guide someone on how to express ones spirituality.

Back to top Go down
Amethyst57
Amethyst57

Pisces Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2010-07-16

Father Bob! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Father Bob!   Father Bob! Icon_minitime29/4/2011, 7:42 pm

to me, faith is a life long learning process, you don't need ties to some church...
think organized religion is what seems to get some people fanatic about their faith...

look at Fred Phelps and his 'church', they mess with others' lives protesting at funerals and schools,
and bother anyone who isn't like them...problem with them is if they suddenly
stop getting attention and press...what will they resort to, to get more attention?
our kids are a big witness to this crap...who knows what message it's giving them, or
what kind of group is next....
people are telling others to back down from counter-protesting
and maybe they will go away....yet some towns are standing up to them, and there are War Vets
biker groups coming between them and who ever they are protesting against....but any legal stuff goes in Fred's favor....
rumor has it that Fred is very ill, but he probably has another leader in the wings...

you'd think they have actual faith-based issues to deal with, feeding the poor, helping others,etc...
suppose to be Christ-like in thoughts, deeds, etc...but they insist on such egocentric acts and statements
that they are not even a real church anymore...
just one 'christian' fanatic we have deal with...at least this one isn't very violent like some were...yet...

some of my friends have left their churches, one is even a minister,turning atheist...but some
still believe in their own way...

just read about other faiths, read their prayers and liturgy...there's not much difference,
each religion has pretty much the same basic principles...following them, putting them in action,
from your heart is what true faith is....
like The Dalai Lama, he calls himself a humble monk, but his spirituality
transcends any religion....he isn't like some in any religion trying to convert others....
he just is, and people follow his example or take some buddhist concepts to heart...
Buddha, Christ, and others were like him....examples not converters....
somewhere in very early human history our egos got in the way of that....
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/gypsy.black
Dancing Bear
Admin
Dancing Bear

Father Bob! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Father Bob!   Father Bob! Icon_minitime30/4/2011, 1:17 am

Absolutely RG!!
Many many people follow the Dalai Lama due to the fact; He just is! and he makes sense! and is not reciting from a book!
And that is why he is in exile because, some were and still are frightened of the following and influence he has.
But what they have done is actually the opposite to what they intended.. He is no longer just Tibets Holy Man
he has been exposed to the world.
He now has a following far greater than anyone can imagine.
Far more people than Tibet could ever hold.

This is why when he does pass away, Monks wont be looking in Tibet for his incarnation , they will be scouring the world!

You know the Dalai Lama is one Holy Man i do follow and have an enormous respect for.. I even follow him on facebook Smile

Dont get me started on Christian fanatics..They are no better than all these stupid cults that pop up and then mass suicide on the odd occasion.
Absolute Idiots and have lost sight of spirtuality.
I feel sorry for them really, misinformed, lost souls.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Father Bob! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Father Bob!   Father Bob! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Father Bob!
Page 1 of 1